When it comes to retirement, you have unique needs and objectives. Determining your financial requirements and the best means to achieve them is an important step. It pays to partner with the right advisor – someone who is not only knowledgeable and experienced, but who truly puts your interests first.
In the financial services and insurance industries, there are two types of agents and advisors: “independent” and “captive” parties. There’s a difference in the advice and products you can receive from both. If you’re looking for the right partner to help with your wealth planning needs, here’s some information which will help with the decision-making process.
Differences between Independent and Captive Financial Advice
- Works exclusively for one insurance company, obliged to give business to only that company
- Priority is to develop business for the parent company above all others
- Provided with office allowance, benefits package, and pension from parent company
- Starting resources are often provided by the parent company
- Parent company can prohibit cross-selling other insurance carriers, limiting options for the client
- Parent company can discontinue selling certain lines if unprofitable, resulting in loss of clientele
- Inability to refer customers to whom you cannot sell a policy
- A parent company pushes certain policies (example: whole life insurance policies) over others and requires agents to meet strict quotas at the risk of being terminated
- Represent multiple top-rated insurance companies to provide the best products as needed
- Freedom to sell multiple carriers without quotas
- Provide their own resources to start their business
- Freedom from strict regulations from a parent company to only sell one company
- Freedom to cross-sell other lines of insurance
- Ability to compare prices, products, features, and service among a variety of insurers
- Ability to sell a policy through another insurer if primary insurer cannot write the policy
- Much larger product selection
In short, these independent financial professionals can offer a greater degree of product diversity, more comprehensive advisement, and greater independence to the client. They’re not bound to just one parent company for the solutions they may offer.
What Makes Our Safe Money Network Different?
We’re in business to give you the resources you need to help ensure your financial security in retirement. As a small, boutique insurance firm focused on delivering the best results to the consumer, we take the time to build relationships only with independent wealth planners who believe in full disclosure and whom you can trust.
The advisors within our independent network have proven their loyalty to the consumers’ needs first. SafeMoney.com is your consumer portal to the only independent financial network of nationally licensed ‘Safe Money Experts.’
Looking for the right partner to help with your retirement financial planning needs? Call our team today at 877.GROW.SAFE (877.476.9723) for immediate support.